Day One: Washington D.C.

Day One
8:56 AM: 
Today is the first day of many of me travelling around the world. I am flying from Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport  to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and hopefully my plane will be able to take off in a couple of hours or so.

11:07 AM:
I have now just boarded on the plane and it seems that there will be very little delay before take off.

2:31 PM:
We have just landed at Reagan NA and man does it look nice in here!Image result for reagan airport

3:16 PM:
Now that I am at D.C., I am going to travel to some of the many monuments and buildings around this city. The first one being the Washington Monument.



3:30 PM:
Image result for washington monumentIf there is one thing that I will say about the Washington Monument is that it is HUGE! At 555 feet tall it is the tallest building in Washington D.C. and it will apparently stay that way because there is a law that states no building shall be taller than 160 feet.

Image result for washington monument inside
4:50 PM:
The next monument I traveled to was the Vietnam Veteran Memorial. There is no real words that can really describe the somberness of this Memorial. The thousands of names of people that are KIA or MIA is really tragic. I hope that this will serve as a reminder for the future that there is much more to be lost than just the war.
Image result for vietnam memorial


5:47 PM:
The last place I want to travel to is to the National Archives Building to see the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence. The building was very quiet inside with the amount of people inside at the time. When I went to go look at the Declaration, I didn't have much to say about it except I was right next to the very creation of our entire country.

Image result for declaration of independence locationImage result for national archives washington dc

6:26 PM:
After visiting the monuments and historical sites, I decided to go to the City Center DC to go pick up some souvenirs. This place is pretty much an apartment, hotel, and mall all in one huge building.

Image result for city center dcImage result for city center dc store

8:31 PM: This is pretty much it for DC now off to my next destination, Vancouver, Canada




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Puerto Rico